Thursday, September 18, 2008

More from Rudy Koshar on Barth


A little while ago I mentioned Rudy Kosher's article in Modern Intellectual History about the place of Karl Barth in European history. Danny from Musings on the Theo-Political has just posted a link to yet another article by Kosher entitled "Demythologizing the Secular: Karl Barth and the Politics of the Weimar Republic".

Kosher's current research has turned to political theology in modern Europe, and he is really proving himself to be someone worth following. I don't know any more about the linked article than Danny offers- it seems to be a paper posted at UW Madison, but I don't know if there are plans to have it published elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. I think it might be appearing in the fall #105 volume of the New German Critique which is entirely devoted to the subject of political theology, but I cannot confirm this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll keep my eye out for it. Sounds like it should be an interesting issue.

    ReplyDelete