Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A few items...

  • Also from Princeton UP, the director of the press has an article out about the future of scholarly publishing. I haven't read it yet, but it's surely worth taking a look.
  • Blackwell has released a 2 volume Companion to the Theologians. Some interesting editorial decisions with regard to who is featured and who is not. The Companion has some good contributors, too. Ugly covers, though. Perhaps when it comes by my desk to catalog down the road, I'll be able to comment further.
  • The Annali della Classe di Lettere e Filosofia has issued a call for papers on the topic "Inquisitions", in honor of the publication of The Historical Dictionary of the Inquisition. My apologies for not mentioning this before... by now it's a little last-minute. But this looks like a wonderful opportunity, probably if you already have a suitable paper to submit. Please note, the due date for submissions is July 31st!

4 comments:

  1. Are you speaking of Kierkegaard's \The Moment/?

    I wonder where it's cheapest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jack.

    I'm not especially familiar with the translation series, but it seems that more than just The Moment is out in paperback now. Follow the link to see what Eric has listed over at Life's Paradox.

    It does seem that this volume (and presumably the others as well) will be a bit cheaper at Amazon than at PUP's website. I don't know if you'll find it cheaper than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks.

    The brightness level of my screen is at its dimmest; I didn't notice there was a link. (the dark blue and black font)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up on the literal sense of Scripture book. I will have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete