Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More scandal from Elsevier...

I mentioned a number of well-publicized scandals from the publisher Elsevier here in my recent call to urge a good journal to take their work elsewhere. Had I waited a few days, I could have added this one to the list of Elsevier's transgressions. Apparently Elsevier offered to pay people who gave 5-star reviews to one of their textbooks on the Barnes & Noble website.

As the company seems to be hemorrhaging ethical scandals, I suppose I really should get around to drafting that letter to the Centre for Intellectual History.

1 comment:

  1. This is actually relatively benign, after hearing earlier about their arms dealing... when I saw your title I was sure it would be something like "reporters just discovered that Khameini outsourced vote counting to Elsevier". :)

    ReplyDelete