Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wheaton Presidential Selection Announcement

The presidential selection committee for Wheaton College has apparently made their decision of who our next president will be, and the staff here will be informed about it soon. After the news is shared with us, the committee will make a public announcement, at which point I'll be able to share the news here on clavi non defixi. This will be in the next few days.

I suppose in the meantime I can give you a little hint... it probably isn't Kenneth Starr.

7 comments:

  1. I'm assuming that Anthony meant Jim West the prolific biblioblogger.

    Either way, though, that would make for quite an announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, we're all a little sore about that down my way, the Starr thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, I meant to imply nothing about Starr beyond the fact that he's taken, which is about all I know of the matter. No need for me to dig myself into the institutional politics of others beyond what's edifying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that the announcement has been made, any insight or speculation about who the other candidates were?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey James,

    I really don't know too much about who else was being considered. I've heard a few different people mention Charles Pollard of John Brown University, but other than that I don't know. Honestly, I'm not enough plugged-in to evangelical happenings to really know much about who the prominent contenders might have been. I think Ryken was a bit of a surprise, actually, because he was so obvious and because he's already on the board of trustees.

    I'm interested to hear what others think about the decision. I'll post on it tomorrow, when the public announcement was originally supposed to be made, but I'm not necessarily in the best position to offer an opinion... I don't know all that much about him or what his selection will mean for the school.

    ReplyDelete