Monday, June 21, 2010

A few items...

  • Jeffrey R. Di Leo has an article in IHE on the lack of journal rankings in the humanities and why it is a good thing.  Worth a read, and I wholeheartedly agree, although I think that the hierarchy of journals probably gets a bit steeper depending on what field you're in.
  • The new issue of Theological Librarianship is out.  Included in the issue are articles on theological librarianship more generally, issues in religious archives, and starting a theological library from scratch.
McMahon's article is published for In Trust, a non-profit working to strengthen governing bodies of North American theological schools, so it is written with administrators as its intended audience.  Also note that Di Leo, who wrote the IHE piece, is a dean.  These two articles represent some substantial research-related issues, and it's a good sign that the message is being spoken directly to and by administrators in academia.

5 comments:

  1. I was also going to mention but forgot... this past Saturday marked two years since clavi non defixi started up. Thanks to readers, fellow bloggers, etc. for all of the assistance and consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article on starting a theological library from scratch was interesting though not as from scratch as I would have liked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to email you personally about that, Mike... I figured it would be useful for you. I haven't read it yet, but I'm sorry to hear it wasn't the best match for your situation. I suppose you could always write an article for TL down the road about starting a theological library that's really from scratch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was still a helpful article for sure but yeah I'll just have to write the one I need myself someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike,
    If you do write something, let us know at TL! Evan, thanks for the publicity!

    ReplyDelete