Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A few items...

  •  Some comments in light of last week's incident at Amazon.com, reflecting on the importance of diversity in book jobbers, stores, and other distributors.
  •  James J. O'Donnell reviews the Kindle.  There are some good thoughts in his talk about the abominable state of metadata amidst the massive access to digital texts that we now enjoy, and I think I'll have to go deeper into this on another post in the near future.
  • Another belated Independence Day reading... analysis of Jefferson's rough draft of the Declaration of Independence has revealed an interesting change in terminology during the writing and re-writing of the text. 

    1 comment:

    1. I really enjoyed O'Donnell's talk, and I think he has some great points. I do wish he would have reviewed a product that has more promise for scholars. Maybe the kindle will get there soon, but for now, I don't think the Kindle offers much for academic reading.

      ReplyDelete