Thursday, November 4, 2010

A few items...

  • In honor of Reformation Day, Adam Myers (of the Wheaton College Archives, Buswell Library, and the MA program in Church History) has posted three plenary addresses on Luther given by Heiko Oberman at Wheaton College in 1983.
  •  Issue 17.1 of the Journal for the History of Modern Theology is out, and has an unusually long list of articles that all look quite interesting (I suppose when you wait until September to publish Issue #1, the article list does probably pile up).  Shawn Colberg of Notre Dame has an article on Cajetan, Simon Gerber on Schleiermacher, Paul Rasor on Channing, and CJT Talar on Loisy.  Finally, Paul Dafydd Jones and Bryan L. Wagoner each have articles on Barth.
      • The picture below was taken by microbiologist Justin Kern, AB'04, PhD'10, and is part of UChicago: Strange Reflections.  Thanks to Kyle for pointing this out.  Consider this an extension of my last post, and further (more aesthetic) arguments for studying theology at Chicago. 

      7 comments:

      1. I'm having trouble opening the Theology Workshop paper... not sure whether this is an issue on Google's end or with the Workshop.

        ReplyDelete
      2. Absolutely incredible picture! Looks like a great day for coffee and reading.

        ReplyDelete
      3. I (hopefully) fixed the link.

        ReplyDelete
      4. Thanks Tim. It's working fine now for me.

        ReplyDelete
      5. Are you going to the Marion talk? I'd be interested in a report (post) on it if you are.

        ReplyDelete
      6. My plan is to go, but these things tend to change depending on what's going on at home. While I'm not much of a note taker, I'll be sure to try to record enough to put together a post about it. I would have liked to go to the theology workshop as well, but I have a class at that time.

        Also on the theology workshop- this should go without saying and it's mentioned on Helmer's paper, but the linked paper isn't for distribution and is really just meant for people attending the workshop to read ahead of time. So do respect that fact, anyone who wants to look at it.

        ReplyDelete