Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Horst Stephan on Schleiermacher

I am interested in finding Horst Stephan's Die Lehre Schleiermachers von der Erlösung (Tübingen, 1901), but it is oddly unavailable in the University of Chicago libraries.  I would have thought that Brian Gerrish's presence at the Divinity School would have brought the volume to a bibliographer's attention at some point.  I can't find a digitized version on Google Books, Europeana, Internet Archive, Hathi Trust, etc. either, which I had hoped would be a possibility because of the book's age.

I've ILL'd the volume and will hopefully get to see it before too long, but I've seen Stephan's work listed on a few bibliographies as recommended for research on Schleiermacher's christology, and so I'm a little concerned at how unreachable it is.  I'll have to ask the library to look into buying it as well.  Any used copies floating around for a reasonable price?  Or reprints/digitizations that I've missed?

1 comment:

  1. Try this: http://www.worldcat.org/title/lehre-schleiermachers-von-der-erlosung/oclc/2458214/editions?editionsView=true&referer=br

    and this: http://vufind.carli.illinois.edu/vf-tiu/Record/tiu_213580/Holdings

    Trinity International University
    Location: Deerfield Media Microfiche Collection
    Call Number: ATLA 1989-0056
    Status: Available

    ReplyDelete