Here are a few items...
- Jim West points out that the Weimar Edition of Luther's Works is available online. He's also trying to find a good home for his Ulrich von Hutton Opera Omnia.
- The Newberry Library acquired the rare books collection of McCormick Theological Seminary a few years ago, and has just completed a substantial cataloging project on it. Next Wednesday they'll be hosting a colloquium (free and open to the public) on the new collection.
- An article from the latest issue of The Journal of Ecclesiastical History looks fascinating-- "Eucharistic Sacrifice, American Polemics, the Oxford Movement and Apostolicae Curae." The authors offer a revisionist account of 19th century theology of the sacrificial priesthood, tracing it from American Episcopal thinkers to the 1841 response of the Catholic archbishop of St. Louis rather than from the Oxford Movement to Apostolicae Curae.
- From De Gruyter in September, the Gertrud von le Fort - Friedrich Gogarten Correspondence.
- Gordon Kaufman, 1925-2011.